To two fold goals of the South Windsor Haiti School are to unite the South Windsor Community in an act of social responsibility and to educate the children of Haiti. We accomplish our mission by uniting the diverse groups in our community towards meaningful discussion and united action.
- Bring diverse South Windsor groups togther for meaningful discussion.
- Make good use of plentiful shipping containers in Port-Au-Prince.
- Open a school in Port-Au Prince, Haiti.
- Set up vocational training in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti.
Our Advisory Board Responsibilities:
- Be knowledgeable about the project and its goals.
- Be an advocate of the project to help increase awareness in the South Windsor Community
- Identify ways of strengthening the project
- Be a point of contact for the project and the other organizations and / or groups you are a part of.
- Be a part of oversight of the efforts.
- Help in raising funds
- Be a financial contributor as well (It is not a requirement)
Advisory Board Time Commitment:
- One meeting a month for 1.5 hours. (See CALENDAR Tab for all meetings and activities)
- Rest of the communications would occur via email and in some instances via phone.
- If you are a part of a subcommittee there may be a focused communication around the working of that committee.